Managing predatory animals & aquatic species Wildlife Safely & Legally
Invasive Species Control
Like most states, California has had numerous water nuisance species introduced throughout its history. Although the introduction of some of these invasive species is attributed to range expansions and climatic events such as wildfires, floods, etc., most of these introductions have occurred due to human interference. Many invasive species have a potential impact on native species. Lake Management Inc. (LMI) specializes in aquatic invasive species control in a lake or pond and offers comprehensive predatory animal & aquatic species invasive control services.
Geese & Heron Control
When you have unwelcome predatory animals & aquatic species inhabiting your lake or pond, it is going to be difficult to make sure that the water feature will function properly. Wildlife tends to come and go as they please, so if you do happen to run into an invasive species, it’s important that you know exactly how best to handle them without causing harm to the predatory animals & aquatic species life that gathers near it. Our invasive lake species management services / aquatic environment services can handle this and other wildlife problems. No harm is ever done to the animals managed under our scope.
Racoon & Pest Control
Raccoons and other pests can damage your fish, and turtles, and even kill them in your lake or pond. Additionally, invasive zebra and quagga mussels, Chinese mitten crabs, and other predatory animals & aquatic species invasive species can invade your water feature. We offer custom pond management services, including invasive plants and wildlife control services based on the water feature and species under consideration.
TOXIC ALGAE & LAKEWEED CONTROL SERVICES
We understand the chemical compounds needed to maintain your water features and rid them of harmful algae’s. Some algae’s are capable of killing your entire community of fish, turtles, and other wildlife as they deprive the location of oxygen and nutrients needed to survive.
- We walk your property, and float it if needed. While testing water samples for oxygen saturation levels, and other harmful tests to help us determine the best toxic algae and weed abatement.
- We look for fish and other wildlife stressing / reaching for the surface. Dead fish, turtles, and sensitive plants can be impacted early on and serve as an early-warning mechanism for toxic algae blooms.
- We suggest not waiting to treat your lake or pond for invasive algae’s, weeds, and other harmful bacteria capable of reducing your fish and turtle population. We understand what it means to a homeowners community or apartment complex to see dead fish surrounding the property.
MOSQUITO MANAGEMENT & REMOVAL SERVICES
Mosquitos are dangerous because they can carry deadly diseases. Besides that, they are extremely annoying and are known to bite and lay hundreds of eggs at a time.
Fortunately, there are plenty of ways our team can help you effectively manage mosquito populations. These mosquito control methods include:
• Creating a vegetative buffer around your water feature to attract dragonflies that prey on mosquitoes.
• Installing a fountain or aeration system. Mosquito larvae need still water, so creating movement in the water feature will help prevent the development of an increased mosquito population.
ZEBRA AND QUAGGA MUSSEL SERVICES
Zebra and quagga mussels are small freshwater mollusks that have distinct zigzag patterns on their shells. It’s important that you take steps to control their population because they reproduce rapidly. Here are some mussel control strategies that we can help you implement:
• Thoroughly examine any equipment that has touched a waterbody for signs of zebra & quagga mussel life.
• Remove plants, animals, and mud from your waterbody.
• Drain water from your boat’s bilge, transom, and motor.
• Dump unused bait.
UV Light Replaced
MIDGES MANAGEMENT AND TREATMENT
Midges are small flying insects that thrive in swampy areas and are known to bite people and animals. Besides being a nuisance, they can be hazardous to residents in the surrounding areas, as they collect on cars; give out unpleasant odors; cause red, itchy bite marks; and cause an upsurge in the spider population, as they are food for spiders.
Effective midge control strategies that we can help you adopt:
• Ensure balanced water quality.
• Install mesh screens to prevent the entry of midges into homes.
• Strategically place carbon dioxide traps.
• Ensure that you have a number of predatory animals & aquatic species that eat midge larvae.
• Install an aeration system to increase levels of dissolved oxygen.
APPLE-SNAIL MANAGEMENT & TREATMENT
Apple snails are small freshwater snails that dramatically impact ecological areas because of their feeding habits and rapid reproduction. They eat large sums of vegetation and even other types of snails. By doing this, they affect the composition of nutrients in whichever waterbody they reside in.
They are amphibians, meaning they can thrive both in and out of water. They are able to reproduce outside of their water column, which allows them to avoid predators. Because of this, it’s difficult to control their population.
To remove apple snails from your waterbody:
Install barriers and screens where water enters and leaves your waterbody.
Seek out predatory animals & aquatic species weed hydro-raking and harvesting services, as they are safe ways to remove apple snails without harming any other species in the water feature.
Call Today For A Free Quote – Don’t Wait
Lake Management Inc. can help you manage any variety of fish and wildlife invasive species. Our aquatic wildlife management / invasive species treatment strategies apply to predatory animals & aquatic species pest control, geese control, and more. Call today for a free quote and get started with quality invasive species management services for your fish and wildlife today!
Contact us now at (951) 421-1493 or email us at [email protected]
Predatory Animals & Aquatic Species Management & Invasive Specie’s Control
Pond & lake equipment FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Predatory animal management techniques are used to control predatory animals & aquatic species in public and private water features. LMI specializes in reducing the population of predatory animals, birds, insects, and nuisance species in lakes and ponds.
With invasive species, it’s imperative that you prevent the growth of unwanted plants, as the care of unwanted plants indicates a fundamental lack of toxic algae & lakeweed control. The presence of different types of common invasive predatory animals & aquatic species also indicates the lack of early detection of these invasive aquatic plants among native plants, thereby delaying adequate invasive plant species and toxic algae weed control measures. We at LMI are also other services aquatic environment consultants (AEC) who improve water quality and can stop toxic algae invasive plants today with our pond management services / predatory animals & aquatic species services.
Plant species invade your waterbodies and native plants, and certain plant species can quickly ruin your enjoyment. Such plant growth also indicates a fundamental lack of balance in the surrounding area as well. That is why you need a professional aquatic plant control service. If you need assistance with your invasive aquatic plant control methods, we can serve with our invasive algae lakeweed control services. We handle their removal correctly, tackle any issue, and restore health and balance with our early detection / innovative lake and pond management services.
Contact LMI water garden / pond services for assistance with invasive plant species control today.
Chemical invasive species treatment strategies include using pesticides and herbicides. Cultural control of predatory animals & aquatic species includes modifying habits for a greater risk to the population of these invasive species.
It is important to remember that the balance of nature is very fragile.
- Common predators like Canadian Geese are protected species but leave a mess.
- Coyotes, cats, raccoons, and other land native species of animals can kill fish when they have access to ponds and lakes.
- Blue herons (birds) can kill easily when there are no anti-bird products set up.
It is important, therefore, to keep the invasive species of birds, animal predators, and prey population in your pond or lake at a healthy level in order to preserve, breed, and thrive.